Air fryers are an amazing alternative to deep fryers, especially when trying to save time, money, and calories. However, you might not know exactly how to cook with one yet. Well, we’ve got 10 delicious recipes that will show you just how easy it can be, Check them out below.
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that makes it possible to fry food with hot air instead of oil. It uses electricity to heat a metal mesh or perforated pan, which holds food and circulates hot air around it.
The hot air cooks your favorite snacks without adding any fat or calories. But that’s not all: an air fryer can help you make healthier versions of many of your favorite dishes, from fries and chicken wings to cakes and sandwiches.
AIR FRYING FOOD (WHAT TO COOK IN AN AIR FRYER)
Not all recipes are made for air frying, but there are a few that turn out amazingly well and taste even better than they would have when cooked in an oven.
Fortunately, cooking food in an air fryer is fast, easy, and requires almost no preparation. Types of food that you can cook in an air fryer include
HOW TO USE AN AIR FRYER FOR BAKING AND ROASTING
To use an air fryer for baking, follow the steps below
1. Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are baking a large item, like a turkey or ham, preheat for 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and then reduce heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place food in a basket and shake it around gently so that all sides of the food are touching hot air circulating in the air fryer basket.
3. Check the food after 10 minutes and use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, try inserting a knife into your food to see if it is done. The knife should slide in easily with no resistance or leave an indentation when it comes out of your food, which means that your food is not done yet. This will ensure that you do not overcook your food and make it dry and tough.
To use an air fryer for Roasting, follow the steps below
1. Place food in a basket, as far away from heating coils as possible, and ensure that your food does not touch each other. Ensure to check for the correct temperature of your air fryer before putting meat in, or set a timer so you know how long it will take to get meat done. Always keep an eye on your roast while it is cooking so you don’t overcook it. The roast can cook unevenly depending on where its placed inside the air fryer.
2. When using an air fryer for Roasting, be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. To use a meat thermometer, insert it into your roast and check the temperature until it reaches desired level of doneness (145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare). Remove roast from the air fryer immediately after it reaches the desired temperature. Letting food sit in hot air will cause your food to continue cooking and will result in overcooked food. Never leave your roast unattended while cooking in the air fryer.
BEST AIR FRYER RECIPES
1. Air Fryer Chicken Wings: These wings are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The marinade is what makes them so flavorful, but you can use your favorite wing sauce instead if you prefer.
2. Air Fryer Zucchini Fries: These zucchini fries are made in an air fryer, which means they’re super easy to make and don’t require a lot of oil or butter.
3. Air Fryer Pizza: This pizza is delicious and easy to make in an air fryer. It’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, just like a good pizza should be.
4. Air Fryer Potatoes: These fries are super crispy and have just a hint of spice. The key to getting them so crispy is using sweet potatoes, which tend to hold up better in an air fryer than regular potatoes do.
5. Air Fryer Peanut Butter Explosion Cake: This dessert is like a peanut butter cup in cake form. It’s super easy to make and is perfect for any occasion.
6. Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings: This recipe calls for store-bought sauce, but you can use your favorite homemade honey garlic sauce instead if you prefer.
7. Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp: This is a great appetizer to serve at your next party. The shrimp are lightly breaded with coconut flakes and coated in a sweet and tangy sauce that’s perfect for dipping.
8. Air Fryer Steak: This steak is so flavorful and tender, that you’ll think it was cooked on a grill! The best part is that it only takes about 10 minutes to cook, which means you can have dinner on the table in no time at all.
9. Cauliflower Tots: These tots are made with cauliflower instead of potatoes, which means they’re gluten-free and low in carbs. They’re also super easy to make and taste just like their potato counterparts.
10. Air Fryer Tofu: This tofu is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, making it a great alternative to meat for vegetarians and vegans. It’s also low in calories, so you can feel good about eating it!
The easy way to cook is with an air fryer. The problem is, there are hundreds of different models on sale these days, and they come in all shapes and sizes. With no guide to help you choose between them, it can be a confusing process if you’re not sure what to look for. Choosing an air fryer can be just as difficult as choosing a microwave or even a cooking range.
It’s also important to note that not all recipes need an air fryer but the 10 we have mentioned in this article are good with an air fryer.