Even as YouTube’s content restrictions now appear stiffer, there are still a couple of ways you can watch age-restricted YouTube videos without logging in to your account.
The internet is awash with tips, tricks and methods on how you can bypass YouTube’s age restrictions. But because majority of these tricks do not seem to work anymore, we’d like to show you some four methods that still work in bypassing YouTube’s age restrictions without any need to sign in to your account.
What Are the 4 Ways to Watch Age-restricted YouTube Videos without Signing in?
Using a Proven Browser Extension (with a Bypass Script)
A Chrome extension like the TamperMonkey browser extension works in bypassing YouTube’s age restrictions. But for this to work, you need to combine it with a bypass script which uses a private proxy server in redirecting your traffic. We recommend a Greasyfork script (known as the Simple YouTube Age Restriction Bypass) for this purpose. It’s an open-source and easy-to-download script.
To use this method in watching YouTube’s age-restricted videos, follow the steps below:
- Click the link here to download the TamperMonkey browser extension.
- You’ll be required to specify your type of browser. If you’re using Chrome or a Chrome-based browser, you’ll have to select the option “Chrome.”
- You’ll be taken to the download page of the TamperMoneky extension. Locate the Get from Store option and select it. Subsequently, you’ll find the simple instructions for installing this browser extension.
- Once the installation of TamperMonkey is complete, you may proceed to downloading and installing the bypass script we mentioned earlier through the steps here:
- Click the link here to download the script from the official site.
- Locate the Simple YouTube Age Restriction Bypass script.
- Select Install this script. This will trigger a new tab where you can finally install the script through the Install button there.
Bypassing Age Restrictions via a Proxy Service
Proxy services are also an excellent way of bypassing YouTube’s age restrictions. But we advise that you don’t use a random proxy service as it might pose risk to your privacy.
NordVPN and ProxySite are just two of the popular proxy services. They also support traffic encryption, which makes them ideal for privacy reasons. It’s possible for VPNs not to work in bypassing certain age-restricted YouTube videos, but you could be lucky with one of the proven VPNs out there.
There are many free-to-use proxy services, and more often than not, you’ll find it easy to use them. To use a proxy website for watching an age-restricted YouTube video without signing in to your account, the process could appear as simple as copying the video’s URL, and then pasting it somewhere on the website.
Proxy services or websites are popular for their ability to bypass restrictions and encrypt traffic.
Tweaking the URL of the YouTube Video
This is another popular way of bypassing YouTube’s age restrictions without any need to log in to your account. But there’s no guarantee of 100% success as the method might not be compatible with certain age-restricted YouTube videos.
In tweaking the URL of an age-restricted YouTube videos, there are two tricks that seem to work. If one of the tricks doesn’t work, then you have the option of trying the second one.
Here are the steps to follow if you’d like to try the first trick:
- Go to the age-restricted YouTube video (that you want to watch without signing in).
- Then edit the URL of the video by inserting “listenonrepeat.com” in place of “youtube.com.” This means you’ll have to remove “youtube.com.”
- After inserting “listenonrepeat.com”, reload the URL and you should be able to watch the age-restricted video.
If the first trick above doesn’t work, you might want to try the second trick. In that case, follow the simple steps below:
- Go to the age-restricted YouTube video
- Edit the video’s URL by placing nsfw in it. Unlike the case of the first trick, you’ll rather have to add nsfw to the “youtube.com” part so that it becomes “nsfwyoutube.com.”
- You may then load the tweaked URL to see if you can now watch the age-restricted video without signing in.
Tweaking the URLs of age-restricted videos has been proven to work in bypassing YouTube’s age restrictions, though it might not work for some videos. If you’d like to try one of the two tricks we’ve suggested, endeavor to have reliable security software and an adblocker. Those tricks –especially the one with nsfw –might expose you to malware.
Downloading the Age-restricted YouTube Video
With reliable third-party downloaders, you may be able to watch age-restricted YouTube videos. The popular 4K Video Downloader (app) is a good example. It makes it possible to download YouTube videos outside the YouTube app or web-based platform.
Aside from helping you bypass YouTube’s age restrictions, downloading an age-restricted YouTube video gives you offline access to the video. While this method (of bypassing YouTube’s age restrictions) is good, the snag about it is that YouTube’s restrictions are now stiffer.
So, you might not succeed with most of the common (YouTube) video downloaders out there. Nonetheless, we advise that you try any of 4K Video Downloader and AceThinker Video App.
What is the best way to watch age-restricted YouTube videos without signing in?
It’s quite hard to single out a particular method as the best way to watch an age-restricted YouTube video without logging in to your account. Frankly, a number of methods have proven successful and they include: Using a proven browser extension (along with a bypass script), using a proxy service, downloading the age-restricted YouTube video, and tweaking the URL of the video.
Do proxy services work for bypassing YouTube’s age restrictions?
Yes. NordVPN and ProxySite are just two of the popular proxy services you can use in this regard. They also support traffic encryption, which makes them ideal for privacy reasons. Proxy services are generally an excellent way of bypassing YouTube’s age restrictions, but it’s advisable you don’t use a random proxy service as it might pose risk to your privacy.
Is it safe to bypass age-restricted YouTube videos?
Attempting to bypass YouTube’s age restrictions isn’t totally safe due to the risk associated with some of the methods involved. For example, watching an age-restricted YouTube video via a third-party site may expose your computer or smartphone to malware. This is why we suggested earlier in this post that you should have security software on your device before attempting to bypass YouTube’s age restrictions.
There could also be a threat to your privacy especially when trying to bypass YouTube’s age restrictions via some free proxy services.
Can YouTube’s age restrictions be bypassed?
Yes, but majority of the common methods for bypassing these age restrictions don’t seem to work anymore. Generally, the chances of bypassing YouTube’s content restrictions are becoming slimmer, but we’re hopeful that you could make success with at least one of the methods we discussed in this post.
While we’re hopeful that you’d succeed with some, if not all, of the methods we discussed in this post, we advise that you install security software on your device before attempting to bypass YouTube’s age restrictions.