Ilerioluwa Oladimeji, popularly known and regarded by his stage name, Mohbad, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and rapper.
Mohbad, who is currently signed into the Naira Marley’s Marlian Music, has quite a number of things you might not have known about him.
Mohbad was a talented and promising young artist who was tragically taken from us at the age of 27. His music will continue to live on, and he will be remembered as one of the most exciting new artists to emerge from Nigeria in recent years.
In this article, we will be taking a deep dive into Mohbad’s net worth, biography, and other amazing facts you need to know about the young artist.
|Real Name||Ilerioluwa Oladimeji|
|Date of Birth||June 8, 1996|
CHECK ALSO: Mohbad : A Rising Star Gone Too Soon
Mohbad was born on June 8, 1996, in Lagos State, Nigeria. Mohbad spent his childhood and grew up, living with his parents.
He had both his primary and secondary education in his hometown, though the names of the schools he attended are yet to be known.
Also read: Lil Kesh Net Worth
Mohbad, alongside his two close friends, started their musical journey by sharing their few-minute rap/song freestyles on Instagram.
Mohbad became so prominent after he was recognized in a cover video made for “Kizz Daniel‘s Fvck you” song.
On December 31st, 2019, during the Marlian Fest concert at the Eko Continental Hotel and Suites, Naira Marley signed Mohbad, alongside Zinoleesky and 3 others, into the Marlian Music record label.
Ever since then, Mohbad has been one of the names in everyone’s mouth when it comes to mentioning the fast-growing artists in Nigeria.
Also read: Lyta Net Worth
Mohbad Net Worth
As of 2020, Mohbad’s net worth is estimated to be around $180,000, which he made from his career as a singer and songwriter.
Stop worrying about the potholes on the road. Enjoy the journey.
I’m a bad boy. Go and tell my mummy.
Nobody badder! Naira sef know.
I hope you’re all feeling the vibe in your hood because komajensu is disturbing London already.
ALSO CHECK OUT: Who is Sammy Larry and how is he connected to Mohbad death?
10 Things You Should Know About Singer Mohbad Mohbad
Mohbad (real name Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba) was a Nigerian rapper, singer, and songwriter from Lagos. He was one of the rising stars in the Nigerian music industry, and his death in 2023 at the age of 27 was a tragic loss.
Here are 10 things to know about Mohbad:
- He was born in Lagos, Nigeria on June 8, 1996.
- He started his music career in 2018, releasing his first single, “Jaabo,” in collaboration with Naira Marley.
- He was signed to Naira Marley’s record label, Marlian Records, from 2019 to 2022.
- He released his debut album, Light EP, in 2020.
- His biggest hit songs include “Ponmo” (featuring Naira Marley and Lil Kesh), “Feel Good,” and “Ko Por Ke” (featuring Rexxie).
- He was known for his streetwise and relatable lyrics that often touched on everyday life and experiences.
- He was also known for his energetic and charismatic live performances.
- In 2022, he left Marlian Records and started his own record label, Imolenization.
- He was a rising star in the Nigerian music industry, and his death was a tragic loss.
- He was also a controversial figure, and he was arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in 2022 for possession of illegal substances.
Mohbad’s impact on the Nigerian music industry
Mohbad was one of the most promising young artists in the Nigerian music industry. He had a unique sound and style that was popular with fans of all ages. He was also a talented songwriter and performer.
Mohbad’s music was often described as streetwise and relatable. His lyrics often dealt with everyday life and experiences, such as love, poverty, and crime. He was also known for his energetic and charismatic live performances.
Mohbad’s impact on the Nigerian music industry is undeniable. He was one of the most popular and influential young artists in the country. His death was a tragic loss for the industry and for his fans.
Mohbad’s legacy is still being written. He was a young artist with a lot of potential, and his death was a tragic loss. However, his music will continue to live on, and he will be remembered as one of the most promising young artists in the Nigerian music industry.
Here are some additional details about Mohbad’s career and legacy:
- Mohbad was nominated for five awards at The Beatz Awards 2021, and he won the award for Best New Artist.
- He was also nominated for three awards at The Headies Awards 2022, including Next Rated Artist.
- He was a rising star in the Nigerian music industry, and he was expected to achieve great things in the years to come.
- His death was a tragic loss for the industry and for his fans.
- His music will continue to live on, and he will be remembered as one of the most promising young artists in the Nigerian music industry.
Currently, not much is known about Mohbad, but we promise to keep this article updated, as soon as we find more details about him.
Mohbad happens to be one of the fastest-growing singers in the Nigerian music industry, and we really hope to see more from the youngster in the near future.
And that brings us to the end of this article on Mohbad’s net worth, biography, and other amazing facts about the talented artist.
What part of Mohbad’s story do you find most interesting? Let me know by dropping them in the comments section below.